Below is a sample letter for parent portal access. This letter is also available in Spanish. To request this letter, please contact your student's school. To learn more about the parent portal, please read our Parent Portal Frequently Asked Questions.
To the Parent/Guardian of [Student's Name]
Baldwin County Public Schools is pleased to provide you with access to current grades and attendance for all via the Internet. If you want to add access to [Student's Name]'s information to an existing PowerSchool Portal account or if you want to create a new PowerSchool Portal account, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Open the Internet browser on your computer.
2. Type https://baldwinco.powerschool.com/ into the address bar.
3. Login to your portal account or if you do not already have a PowerSchool Parent Account, click the "Create Account" button at the bottom of the page. Complete the fields on the top half of the page.
4. To link a student to your account, enter the student's name, Access ID, and Access Password into the appropriate fields. Select your relationship to the student from the drop-down menu.
5. If you have other students to add, add their names, Access IDs, and Passwords to the list. You can also add additional students after you have logged in for the first time.
6. Click the blue "enter" button to finish creating your account.
7. Once your account is created, enter the username and password you chose for your parent account.
8. View your student's information.
The Access ID for [Student's Name] is.......: ID NUMBER
The Password for [Student's Name] is........: ACCESS PASSWORD
These codes cannot be used to log in to the site. Follow the steps above to create your own username and password.
The above Access ID and Password may be shared with anyone who would like to create an account that is linked to [Student's Name]'s attendance and grades. This may include multiple parents, stepparents, or other people who need to be kept informed of school progress. [Student's Name] will have access to the portal via the student portal.
You may discard this letter if no further accounts need to be created. The Grades and Attendance tab will allow you to check assignments and scores by clicking on the blue percentage across from a class. To email the teacher a question or concern, please click the blue teacher's name link. The Grades History tab will show you the grades your child received in previous grading periods. The Teacher Comments tab is used to access current teacher comments for your student and the School Bulletin tab has current announcements for our school.
If you have any questions regarding the use of PowerSchool, please contact the school office at [School's Name].
Article is closed for comments.