This page will be updated as the year progresses to highlight some of the common errors that the support staff sees.
Error: My grade averages aren't correct even though I've made all the changes suggested by the help desk.
1. Make sure your grades are all in the correct term. For example if you have no grades in the Q1 date range (8/11/21 - 10/7/21), PowerTeacher Pro doesn't know what to average for Q1. If you have 10 assignments dated 10/8/2021 then you won't have an average for Q1, S1, or F1 until 10/8. Then you still won't have a Q1 average.
2. Check your Traditional Grade Calculations to be sure you have the correct information set. You can find Traditional Grade Calculations under the Settings tab. Make sure you have the correct class selected from the list then check each entry. For more information on Traditional Grade Calculation settings you can go here.
3. Recalculate your final grades. Click the Grading Tab then choose Scoresheet. In the top right you will see a gear. Click on that gear and choose Recalculate Final Grades.
Error: When I delete one assignment it deletes it in all my classes.
When you set up your assignment it's possible that you set it up to go to all classes by dropping down the select classes button and choosing all classes. That would apply to deletion as well.
1. Click the drop down button the assignment creation screen that says select classes. Uncheck the boxes where do you don't want the assignment. If the program asks do you want to delete the assignment and grades only tell it yes if you want to permanently remove those grades and assignments.
2. Make your assignments class by class so that they are only tied to one class and then you won't accidentally delete them in all classes.