Employees may use their personal cell phones to access their work email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To setup email access on an iPhone (or iPad) there are two options - use the built-in "Mail" app on the phone, or download the Microsoft Outlook app from the App Store.
To set up using the built-in "Mail" app on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars on older IOS. On IOS11 tap Accounts & Passwords
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your Exchange ActiveSync account settings (Your BCBE email address and Password).For Description type BCBE
- Tap Next.
- Select what you want to sync (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders).
- Tap Save.
Optional - You can go back to Settings and configure how many days of mail you want to sync, along with advanced settings like SSL and S/MIME as well.
To set up using Microsoft Outlook on your iPhone:
By using the Outlook for iPhone you can access your email, calendar, contacts, and OneDrive files from within the app rather than having to check separate apps.
Note: You cannot access tasks from the Outlook for the app.
- Open the App Store on your phone.
- Search for and download Microsoft Outlook.
- Open the app, enter your email address and password when prompted.
Android users also have the same two options - the built-in Mail app or install the Microsoft Outlook app.
To set up using the built-in "Mail" app on your Android phone:
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email.
- Type your full email address, for example, email@example.com, type your password and then tap Next.
- Select Exchange.
- Depending on how the Exchange administrator in your organization set up your account, you might receive a message about additional security features. Select OK to continue.
- Once the device verifies the server settings, the Account Options page opens. Accept the defaults or select the options for how you want to receive and send your mail, and then tap Next. (You may need to scroll down to see Next.)
- On the Setup email page, you can change the name of your account. When you're finished tap Done.
To set up using Microsoft Outlook on your Android phone:
By using the Outlook for Android you can access your email, calendar, contacts, and OneDrive files from within the app rather than having to check separate apps.
Note: You cannot access tasks from the Outlook for Android app.
- Download the Outlook for Android app from the local Android store
- Open the app and then depending on your device, tap the navigation control at the bottom of your Android, or tap More > Settings > Add Account.
- Tap Exchange
- Enter your full email address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org, type your password and then tap Sign in. Outlook for Android then starts syncing the account.
To view your calendar, files, or contacts from the app, tap More.