How do I edit a Word document on a Chromebook?
Edit Word Documents on Chromebook
- Install the Office Online extension from the Chrome Web Store
- Click on the Office Online extension on the Chrome toolbar
- Use the drop down menu to select OneDrive for Business
- Click Sign In
- Sign in with your first.lastMMDD@bcbelearn.com and your password
- When you click a link for a Word file, it will open in Office Online so you can view it.
- To edit the document, right click on the original link to the Word document for it and choose save link as. Save the file on your Chromebook.
- Click on the OneDrive extension and click on Open
- Click on Browse
- Find the file you saved and double click it
- The file will upload to your OneDrive account
- Click the Edit in Browser button
- Click Convert if prompted. The page will reload
- Click Edit in Browser
- Edit the file
Please sign in to leave a comment.