How to Update Your Chromebook
- Log into your Chromebook.
- Click your account photo, to the right of the clock in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click Settings
- Click the Settings Menu , and then About Chrome OS.
(Or, on some older versions, just click in the top right of the screen where you see a link labeled “About Chrome OS”)
- Under "Google Chrome OS," click Check for Updates.
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically. After the update has downloaded, restart your Chromebook to install the update.